Extreme Marketing – you can deliberately go out of your way to do something dramatic that gets you into the media and the news reports. Extreme examples include jumping off a cliff holding a large banner with your website address on, or leaping stark naked into the lion enclosure at the zoo shouting your brand name through a megaphone.
Do something dramatic, but do it safely.
Promotional Marketing Plan 1
- Barry is lowered down a cliff upside down. When he gets to the bottom, we film him talking about the Fatman’s Guide whilst wearing a toga.
- Barry stands on the Runcorn bridge and gives a last piece to camera before throwing himself into the River Mersey for being too fat.
- Barry sits in front of a large pile of kebabs and beer cans and introduces himself as a fat man whilst flatulating and belching uncontrollably.
- Barry extracts himself from a fight in the street where he is being beaten up by thin people offended by his fatness and then introduces himself to the camera.
- Barry sits outside his house and has to listen to people walking past insulting him for being so fat. He gives an interview to camera about the revolutionary new system available online.
Here is our Extreme Marketing Example – a lesson for all small businesses on how to get noticed and quickly.
Promotional Video Stunt Script
Interviewer to hide behind a hedge and say something derogatory to passing ramblers.
Sample derogatory comment: Oi, are you a walker or a banker with a w?
Passers by: spontaneous insults directed at Barry (will be using real walkers).
Barry: Yeah that’s right – you insult a fat man. I understand. I offend you. You thin people make me sick with your posturing and dieting fads. I am happy being fat and me. (Shouts) Remember, there’s no me in fat!
Interviewer: Hello, can you introduce yourself for the camera?
Barry: My name is Barry, and I am morbidly obese. I have been offered a chance in a lifetime to lose weight the Fatman way. I am going to become a ‘Happy Fatty’.
Interviewer: What does the Fatman technique involve? Does it hurt?
Barry: No. It’s just a few simple steps and in 6 weeks I will lose 12 stone.
Interviewer: 12 stone? That isn’t possible is it?
Barry: It is. The author, Keith David, is a genius and should have been awarded the Nobel prize. This book is only £19.99, but it should be selling for £1000’s for all the good it will do in the world. Think of the medical advantages of all the fat people losing weight. No health problems, more food for starving people in the Third World. You can follow my progress on my blog, www.thefatmansguidetonotbeingfat.com.
Interviewer: Well the best of luck Barry – we will come back and film you on your revolutionary path to a more fulfilling life as a fat person over the next six weeks.
Keith David is a businessman from a small village in North Wales. He is the author of “The Fat Man’s Guide to Not Being Fat”, “How to Get Rich” and a couple of other self-help books. Best known for his dramatic rise to fame after inventing a dietary plan to lose 7 stone in a week, he is similarly fairly well known for his subsequent fall back into penury. His wife, Anwen David regularly hacks his blog entries and adds factual corrections. You can read Keith’s book on How To Get Rich by visiting Amazon here